Monday, October 12, 2009

Vendors Unveiled: Tania Sones Photography

We are so lucky to have such amazing talent in Connecticut, and one of the categories that we constantly find incredible wedding professionals is in photography. This week's featured vendor is a perfect example of this.


Name: Tania Sones

Website: http://www.taniasonesphotography.com/

Blog: http://www.taniasonesphotographyblog.com/

Where are you located, and what geographical area(s) do you service?
I am based out of central Connecticut, but have traveled along the east coast for events. I love to travel anywhere- send me to Hawaii if you must!

How long have you been in business?
4.5 years

What drew you to photography as a profession?
I traveled around the world years ago (as a consultant for a large company) and remember shooting a sunset in Washington, DC- with a beautiful oak tree in the background right across from the White House. Once those photos were developed (back in "film" days), I remember looking at that photo and just thinking that this is something I loved doing! Then, with the birth of my first son (years later)-- it sealed the deal. I knew this was exactly what I wanted to do!

What do you feel sets you apart as a photographer?
The photographer that you hire is the person that you trust to capture your moments as you've imagined. You need to feel comfortable with that person, and feel right away it will be a good relationship- it truly is a partnership. I set expectations with my clients so that they understand my style and my personality that would provide them the type of photos I deliver. This way, we develop a solid foundation, and they feel comfortable with me and the way I would be capturing their story. When I came up with the three words for my business logo, it needed to capture exactly what my clients would receive: Photos that were Simple. Elegant. Beautiful.

What do you love most about your job?
Besides being a mom, there's nothing else I want to do in life. (Hopefully that says it all!)

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
Ambitious

No comments: